When a recovery effort needs suitable structures both quick construction and longer-term use Sukup Safe T HomesTM are engineered to fit that need. Sukup Safe T HomesTM are ideal for emergency situations because they are quick and easy to construct. Their all-steel construction makes them perfect for longer-term use, since they are built to survive weather, fire and termites. They are also movable, making them well suited to transitional shelter needs. The round shape of the Safe T Home allows the unit to withstand high winds. They are also virtually earthquake-proof.
Galvanized Sidewall Sheets
- 20 gauge galvanized steel
- 70-year life span
- Sidewalls are 8’ high. Overall structure stands 13.5’ from floor to roof peak.
Double Roof Structure
- The roof on the Sukup Safe T Home was specifically designed to allow ventilation and prevent overheating of the interior.
- Louvered outer roof provides constant shade for the primary roof decking, creating a barrier to prevent overheating.
- The louvers allow heat to escape, while allowing rain water in for collection at the eaves.
- The cupola and continuous eave vent allow constant ventilation, regardless of wind direction.
Water Collection System
- Safe T Homes have water collection potential.
- Rainwater is captured by the louvers in the outer roof.
- Rainwater, along with any water that condenses between the outer shield and the primary roof decking can be collected in receptacles fastened to the eave.
Safety and Security
- Full-size, lockable steel door
- Windows have lockable exterior door.
- 16 gauge perforated steel interior screens allow ventilation while still providing security.
- Each Safe T Home is 18’ in diameter
- 254 sq. ft. of usable interior space.
- A loft may be added to provide additional sleeping space.
- Each unit will sleep 10 people.
- Multiple units may be grouped together to create multi-room structures.
recovery effort. They are quick and easy to construct, making them ideal for emergency situations. The all-steel construction makes the Sukup Safe T Home perfect for longer-term use, since they are weather-, fire- and termite-proof. They are also movable, making them well suited to transitional shelter needs. The round shape of the Safe T Home allows the unit to withstand high winds. They are also virtually earthquake-proof.
Options & Accessories
- Water collection receptacles
- Solar panel for lighting and an outlet for charging cell phones
- Tools for erection